Skip to main content

Meet Lex and Mel

Lex and Mel

Hey y'all! Welcome to our new Blog (: My name is Lexi and I am the marketing manager of Melissa Couture Boutique. The gorgeous blonde to the left of me is Ms. Melissa herself. Melissa has always loved fashion and shopping, so hey, why not open a boutique? I speak for many when I say we are so happy that she did! Especially me(; We try to make your experience at Melissa Couture an adventure in fashion. Our goal is to make you feel like you are out shopping with your best friend. We love what we do and we hope you love this cherished boutique as much as we do!




Meet the gals:

Melissa, also known as Missy, is our fun, loving, and beautiful Owner. Melissa is a proud wife and mommy to a sweet young girl. She is very much a family gal and is known to put others first. Melissa LOVES pizza and for some reason always drinks La Croix (definitely not my favorite haha). She is dear to my heart and many others and we are all forever grateful for her and her awesome sense of fashion.

Favorite Color: Pink

 Favorite Movie: The Painted Veil or The Notebook

 Favorite Dessert: Chocolate Chip Cookies and Brownies

Since I'm authoring this Blog, let me tell you a little bit about myself--I attend Eastern Illinois University and am a part of Delta Zeta Sorority. I am majoring in Marketing and minoring in Spanish. I hope to use my degree to broaden my horizons in the field of fashion. I have a weird obsession with Sushi and One Tree Hill and I also really really love my job (:  I look forward to sharing mine and Melissa's love of fashion with all of you!

Favorite Color: Periwinkle

Favorite Movie: Fools Rush In

Favorite Dessert: PUPPY CHOW

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

{Here Comes The Sun}

{Here Comes The Sun} Summer has finally arrived and these tops could not be better for the occasion. Cold shoulder tops are a must-have in your closet for summer '17. The peep of the shoulder gives just the right amount of sexy and the longer sleeves give just the right amount of modesty.  Off The Shoulder Halter Top Black is wonderful for every Season. My favorite feature about this top is the multiple ways that you can wear it. While it can be a halter top, it does not have to be. You can also tie the strings in the front so that there is a bow forming a key hole. The best part about this is that you are technically getting two shirts in one, amiright? The material of this top is also so soft and light, making it great for hot summer days.  Tie Dye Cold Shoulder Top This top could not be any more colorful, bright, and cheery. Everything you could possibly want for  Summer. Pictured above, I am wearing shorts with this top (I know it doesn't look lik

Let's talk detox bath!

Detoxing 101 I swear by detox baths. They are absolutely ah-mazing and super relaxing. Whenever I need time away from a stressful day they are the one thing I look forward to. Now I want to tell you all about this wonderful health benefit. Reasons for detox bathing: draws out all those nasty toxins, relieves stress, improves sleeping patterns, helps concentration, assists in relaxing muscles, and much, much more! Mel's Favorite Recipes: Number One: 1 cup of epsom salt 1 cup of baking soda 1 cup of apple cider vinegar ( favorite brand ) 15 drops of essential oil of your choice (my favorite is lavender) Number Two: 1 cup of bentonite clay ( I use this ) 1 cup of apple cider vinegar ( I'm obsessed with this stuff btw) Directions :  Put all ingredients in a bathtub as hot as you can handle. Soak for twenty minutes (If this is your first time, work your way up from 10 minutes, 20 minutes max). I always keep one glass of